I am the first woman to become a doctor from the Maria Gond community

"I am the first woman to become a doctor from the Maria Gond community. I take pride in saying it out but there is lot more to serve back to my people. My grandma used to call me a “Nurse” in my childhood. It probably began there but never seriously occurred to me until I graduated from College. My father, apart from being a School teacher was also actively involved in politics. One day at School I was informed that my father was shot dead by Naxals. I was still young; it was indeed hard for me to digest my father’s sudden demise. But I made my choices quickly and left for Pune to pursue Medicine. The bigger immediate challenge for rural students like me is to adopt the urban living, which took maximum energy in the initial days of my student life. But the troubles never seem to take rest. I was diagnosed with a benign tumour in my head.

Apart from the family my whole college stood by me and raised funds for my surgery. I was soon out of danger and got back to college. But the medicines were strong and sometimes I would even forget my name. My willpower was strong enough to fight back against all these odds. I have been a Medical practitioner for Five years now. I worked with National Rural Health Mission for a while. Lot of patients preferred visiting me over other well qualified Doctors. The reason was I spoke their language. In the absence of proper communication, Doctors rely on the symptoms to treat. But they fail to know the exact pain the diseased is going through for not knowing their language. I am working towards more women from my community to come out to pursue higher education. It has been good so far, looking forward to more experience."

what is this Blog for ? Mr. Kalla Ashok Kumar

Its Just a try to let people know good things happening arround us. expecting change . not all , atleast few . Plz do not say copy paste posts , i cannot do all this by my own . lets learn from them . A big Salute to the person in this Post . Jai Hind....
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment